Friday, December 12, 2008

Public Service Announcement: New Charlotte Store, Paper Source, Will Literally Sucks Money From Your Walet

It is important for the public to know that now that Paper Source has opened a brick and mortor store, here in Charlotte, you may find money dissapearing from your bank account. Please do not panic! This can be explained by your beloved paper crafter finding the Holy Grail of paper crafting supply stores. For a paper crafter, walking into this store is like walking into a back packing outfitter for an avid outdoorsman!

Drumroll please...

I now introduce to you Charlotte's own Paper Source at Phillips Place.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




(image curtesy of paper-source.com)


And since this blog title involves money being sucked from walets, let me show you some of the stuff I've gotten so far.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This is my entire loot from the first trip. There have been three (strike that four) trips now, and I've gotten to the point that I'm so excited when I come home that I'm like, "screw cleaning off the table and taking cool pictures! I want to play with my stuff!" So, unfortunately, I don't have pictures of all the wonderful stuff I've gotten. I know you're really upset. I can hear the muffled sobs from here. ;-)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This is some of the wonderful paper that I got. This was purchased specifically to make a Happy Anniversary banner for Dan and Shannon's first anniversary. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the finished product before I gave it to them. But take heart! I'm making a similiar thing for us tomorrow and will certainly be taking pics of that!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This is an envelope template which allows you to make envelops in all different standard sizes out of anything... craft paper, the comics, wrapping paper, your old high school year book, your ex boyfriends letters where he reveals his deepest love for you right before dumping you for someone thinner, blonder, and dumber (well, maybe not that last one but you get the idea!)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This right here is some of the best $10 I've ever spent! It's a little sticker maker. You put your paper in one side, pull the tape out from under and when you peel the cover off and peel up your paper, it's not got adhesive on the back and can be stuck anywhere. I know some girls who have done their entire multi-layered inviations with the larger version of this machine, but for stuff that large I prefere my double stick tape. But for little tiny stuff like, stuff that's too small to tape, this machine is a god send!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This my friends is a bone folder! (Except that it's not actually made out of bone, but tefflon. Bone makes things shinny when you score then and this doesn't.) I really wish I'd had this baby when we were making all of our wedding programs. Folding that heavy cardstock would have been a breeze with this baby. Oh well, the blister scars are a nice reminder. (just kidding, I don't have any scars. Not from that project at least!)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Now let me introduce you to my glue pen and the best glitter in the world! This stuff does wonders! I wish I had a picture of the holiday tree ornament that I used it on. All I did was draw over a specific part of the pattern in the paper with the glue pen, then covered the whole thing in glitter. Once all the excess glitter was shaken off it just enhanced the pattern of the paper. Now it is very important that you be very careful with glitter! I can get very out of hand very quickly, and I mean both all over your house and totally gaaaawwwwwdddddyyyyyy!!!! So, use sparingly and only as an accent!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Finally, we have a beautiful round punch. I have long known the virtures of shaped punches, especially round since I can't cut a straight line let alone a circle! We used them non-stop during our wedding preparations. But this one is just perfect for those small project. This will eventually be used to make stir stick toppers for drinks for a party I will throw in the future. And when combined with the Xeron sticker making machine, it's a miracle!

Actually, I fell so in love with the punch and sticker combo that I had to purchase another punch.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




I mean how awesome is that!

I've gotten a bunch more cool things, but like I said, I've forgotten to take pictures of them. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to upload some of the projects I've been doing with these great tools, because I promise they have not just been sitting around the house collecting dust.

But I will leave you with one of the small projects I've done. These are the tags I used on the chocolate covered pretzles I made for everyone in my office. I was able to use the new, wonderful stamp I bought. Once I started looking at them, I realized that they made nice simple tree ornaments, and nice gift tags, so I will probably make more and put them on all our gifts this year.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




So, what crafty things are you doing this holiday season? I'd love to hear! If you're blogging about your exploits, then simply place a link in the comments so we can all go check them out!

No comments: