Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I was tagged by Wife of the Party (Jess) for a little get-to-know-you-better Christmas fun. I'm tagging The Clevingers. Have fun with it.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper absolutely! My mom and I always try to out do each other with the wrapping job.

2. Real tree or artificial?
My family has almost always had a real tree. A couple of years we had a fake on and I wined and moaned about it the whole time. I just don't see the point. The smell and feel of the real tree is what's important. So, in sort, I only believe in real trees!

3. When do you put up the tree?
This year we bought it and put it up on Thanksgiving. I think that'll probably be our family tradition from now on.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometime around New Years. But if it were me, I'd probably leave it up all year because I just love it so much!

5. Do you like eggnog?
Not a big fan. Might drink a little bit if someone offered, but I'd never buy any myself. And those eggnog lattes that starbucks sells are just wrong!

6. Favorite gift as a child?
The year the Tickle Me Elmos came out, I wanted one really bad, but they were all sold out and expensive (my parents were in a really bad financial situation). So, my baby brother took his allotted $5 mom and dad gave him to spend on me and got me a small key chain sized Elmo head that laughs when you push him. It meant so much to me because he had found a way to get me something I really wanted. I still have it and it still cracks me up every time i hear it laugh!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
my brothers sometimes

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom!

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No. We have one when I was little, but as an agnostic, it's not really my thing.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
mail, if I can get them printed and in the mail. They're about to become New Years cards if I don't get on it!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I really can't think of anything. I think I blocked them all out!

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
White Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I'm an over achiever, so get it out of the way as soon as possible. Like, right now, I'm done.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I can imagine.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Fudge!

16. Lights on the tree?
Clear white only! The colored ones make me thing of little kids. We might have them when we have kids if they request it, but for me it's elegant clear white all the way!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Santa Baby, Carol of the Bells, and It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (although I only know the first line so I probably annoy Jay with it!)


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We'll be traveling early in the week of Christmas but will be home by the actual holiday.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Um... no.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. Angels kind of kreep me out, and with trying to combine both my spirituality and jays, the star is the easiest way. Plus we have this totally cool minimalistic star!

21. When do you open presents?
Christmas day only. We never got to do the Christmas Eve thing.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
What is it about the holidays that make people completely stupid drivers! Drives me nuts!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
This year we're doing rustic. Homemade paper craft ornaments, twine, popcorn and cranberry strands.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner?
Ham, cream corn, green beans, and sweet potato casarole with pecans on top.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I'm hoping for a cricut machine but, I'll be extremely happy with anything crafting related!

26. What was the first gift of Christmas?
I'm not sure what the question is getting at. I think the "right" answer is Jesus but as an agnostic, I'm not sure.

No comments: