Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful to have such a wonderful man to celebrate on Father's Day (which is next Sunday for those of you who are unaware!). This will be the first time I've celebrated Father's Day in a very long time. I've always had a difficult relationship with my father, and currently we have a non-existent relationship. I boycotted the holiday for many years when the wounds were just too fresh. But this year I get to celebrate a man who lives up to all the Hallmark cards.

I found his main gift about a month ago and it's been killing me to keep it a secret (which I will continue to do until next Sunday so don't get your hopes up, Jay!). I've been collecting smaller gifts for a couple of weeks and it's so hard not to give any of them to him now. In the next couple of days I'm going to go back to Hallmark and get this awesome Superman wrapping paper they have especially for Father's Day to wrap all his gifts. I already got him a card from me and a card from Turtle. She helped me pick it out by batting at the one we got. I took that as sign of her approval. Then she promptly fell asleep.

This is also our friend Dave's first Father's Day, so his wife and I are planning what we hope will be a wonderful day which will cumulative in a cook out with steaks (which is a real treat in our house!). It's going to be a busy week, but hopefully one Jay will never forget. He's such a wonderful daddy and really deserves this day!

What are you thankful for this Thursday?

No comments: