Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Wallowing Wednesday!

Well, I'm super tired today. Jay took yesterday off to help his mom move. Because of deadlines at work I was unable to get time off too. So, after work, I headed to the creative movement class that I teach at Alexander Youth Network. When I finished there at 7pm, I called Jay. Guess what? They were still moving!!! And not close to being done either. I could hear the frustration in his voice, so I said, "Ok, I'll be right over!" I swung by the drug store and picked up a bunch of Gatoraids for the guys (note: I thought they had just changed the packaging, but infact, I got the "low calorie" ones. They suuuuuuuucked! So consider yourself warned!), and meet the guys at the new apartment.

Anyway, long story... longer... it was 9:30pm before we finished up and left the new apartment. Then the dolly and blankets had to be transfered into Dan's car for return and the truck dropped off. Then pizza was ordered and we started watching the last few episodes of 24. I ended up falling asleep on the couch (on Dan's shoulder, funny enough, because I was sitting on the couch with Dan and Shannon and Jay was in the chair by himself). It was after midnight when Dan and Shannon left.

So, needless to say, I'm freaking exhausted today. And when I'm exhausted, I get... cranky (oh happy, happy, joy, joy)! I seriously feel like punching my boss in the nose... who is only being his usual self, a self that can be annoying, certainly, but I can usually get along with just fine. But not today!

Soooooooooo, instead of wallowing in my exhaustion and self pity, I'm going to make a list of all the things I'm thankful for.

  • I have a wonderful husband who loves me more than life it's self, just as I him.
  • I have reconnected with a very old, very dear friend whom I will hopefully get to see very soon, and be able to enjoy many grown up tea parties (i.e. Starbucks!) just like when we were little.
  • I truly believe that the winds of change have come to our government and feel hopeful and excited about the direction our nation is taking for once in my life!
  • I have iTunes on my computer at work and can spend the entire day listening to wonderful music while I work.
  • My co-worker brought me back a Dr. Pepper when she went out to lunch which will get me through the rest of the work day!
  • My DVR and it's ability to easily record my favorite shows so I can watch them when it's convenient for me brings me endless joy. (I'm easily ammused, I know!)
  • We got P.F. Changs take out on Monday night and I have my leftovers that simply need to be warmed up for dinner this evening. MMMmmmmmm......
  • LOST comes on tonight! Jay just jumped into the series last year, so he keeps asking me questions about stuff thinking I know more since I've watched since the beginning. I keep having to turn to him and go, "I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea! That's the brilliance of the show; it makes you want to kill. your. self.!" Hehe.
  • My BFF is coming up this weekend with a friend of hers and we get to go to a bridal show! Yay!
  • Hopefully we'll get to see Bride Wars while she's up here too, since Jay refuses to go with me on the grounds that his thingy might fall off if he goes! ;-)

Ok, see I feel better already! Back to the grind. See y'all later!

bonnie

No comments: