Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

Well, Christmas is over and we did not get any snow, until... this week! Being at Aimie's all weekend, I hadn't been listening to the news and didn't know they were calling for snow until I was on the road home Monday night.

Being from Charlotte, I know that snow rairly comes when they call for it. I'm a firm believer that the grocery stores and the weather folks are in cahoots. When the grocery stores' profits begin to drop, they call the weather folks who then call for snow, requiring everyone to go out and buy every loaf of bread and every jug of milk off the shelves.

Note: what the heck are you going to do with bread without something like lunch meat or peanut butter (well, not peanut butter right not because of the salominela), and what are you going to do with milk without something like cearal! But that's just a mystery I've always wondered about.

Anyway, Tuesday morning when I got up we were blanketed in 2 inches. That's more snow then I've seen in Charlotte in YEARS! It was so beautiful and I enjoyed it all the way to work. Yes, having lived in Asheville for 2 years where they do not shut down the town has taught me to deal with the snow and ice. So, I waited about an hour past my usual leaving time and then ventured out to work. The main roads were great, but getting to the main road was alittle treacherous. I was slipping and sliding trying to get out of my apartment complex. I finally had to just step on the gas and head towards what looked like a more chuncky spot of ice. Thankfully, I got some traction before I slid all the way back down the hill and into the car that had pulled up behind me... dumb a$$. You can see me sliding! Hello!

Anyway, I didn't get any pictures before I left for work. By the time I got home a lot of it had melted but I did get a few pictures. Hope you enjoy. Especially all my Cali friends who are enjoying 75-80 degree weather!


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: