Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pinterest Challenge

One of my favorite bloggers (Sherry over at Young House Love) has extended a Pinterest Challenge to encourage herself and all of us to stop pinning and start doing! And this time I'm participating! As you all know, I'm a total Pinterest addict and horribly guilty of pinning tons of beautiful, inspiring things and then never getting around to doing them. So, I decided this challenge was right up my alley! Posting about it will give me even more incentive to get off my butt! (Is that enough "!"s for everyone? No. One more!)

There are a few pins I've had my eye on for a while. First, something I've had my eye on for MONTHS! We are in desperate need of these at our house but I also want to make some for my girlfriend's baby shower. (So, Angela, if you're reading this... look away!)

We are a binki family. I know they are controversial but we love them. However, there is nothing less fun than retrieving a dropped binki for the eleventy billion time in Target. Plus Target floors... eww! So, binki clips rule in our house. We have a couple and I refuse to buy anymore given how easy they look to make. When it comes to details, I like the "universal" binki clips because we have binkies with handles and without and it's nice to not have to worry about which clip goes with which binkis. So, a few weeks ago I ran across an awesome tutorial (via Pinterest) about making the universal binkies. I'm hoping to make at least one for me and one for my friend. Possibly more than that. We'll see.




Then for a holiday themed project. I've been looking to make something for Turtle to wear for Thanksgiving. We don't really dress up around our house so a fancy dress just wasn't going to work. Then I ran across this tutorial, of course, on Pinterest.


So, hopefully, with a plain white onesie or t-shirt, some scrap fabric and some fusible interfacing, I'll have a cute little outfit for Turtle.

So, there you go. That's the plan for this weekend. I'll be sharing the finished projects next Wednesday so check back. Same bat time, same bat channel.

No comments: