Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Make the world stop spinning!

Dear Universe,

If you will just make the world stop spinning for just a minute, I promise to never drink ever, ever again!

Oh wait............ I HAVEN'T HAD ANY ALCOHOL IN MONTHS! Grrr...

At least I have an appointment with my psychiatrist this morning. Hopefully, he can shed some light on how long the world will be spinning! Oh and there's nothing that will make a first-trimester if-y stomach rockier than constant dizziness/vertigo! At least my breakfast appears to be staying put this morning unlike yesterday. FYI - Chick-fil-A Chicken Minis in reverse... not cool! And I don't think I'll be drinking root beer again for ages.

I've tried really hard to only be upbeat about this whole thing. :-( I know how hard it was to hear pregnant friends complain when all I wanted was to be pregnant and would have gladly taken all of their symptoms if only I could have had a baby. But today is just a little overwhelming.

On the bright side though, I took two Tylenal PM's last night (safe according to my Midwife) and FINALLY got some sleep. It's amazing how it can make the difference between feeling human and zombie-like. Hopefully, after my appointment this morning, I'll know more about what to expect and how long the withdrawal symptoms will last.

Also on the bright side, it feels so nice to not have to hide the pregnancy at work. Most of the people I work with know and are super excited for me! AND on top of that... we got a new project in my department and will hopefully be getting very busy very quickly! Yay!

Tomorrow starts a new week! I can't believe it's almost the 11th weeks! Where has this first trimester gone?????

Have a great day everyone, and thanks for letting me vent here for just a few minutes!

No comments: