Friday, August 20, 2010

Baby Heartbeat Day!!!

Today is officially Baby Heartbeat Day!!! Woohoo!!! After almost 5 weeks since my last appointment with the midwife, I can't believe it's here! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself, and have no idea how I'll get through work today! I have 4 1/2 hours until I leave for my appointment. Yesterday, I even played with the voice recorder app on my phone, so that when we locate the heartbeat, I'll be able to record it and listen to it all the time!

Today is also a big day because it's day 3 without any meds. After dropping down from 20 milligrams to 10 and then to 5 over the course of a few weeks, I decided to take a chance on Wednesday morning and didn't take the pill at all. Since I was already cutting the pills in quarters it was pretty much impossible to drop the dose any further without getting another prescription. I'm doing surprisingly well. No nausea or vomiting. I can feel the vertigo but it's not overwhelming or disruptive like it was before. So, hopefully, this will mean that by the time I go to see the psychiatrist on Tuesday I'll be completely off all my meds! Woohoo! And the funny thing is... I SLEEP! I haven't slept in years! It's amazing to be able to go to sleep without the help of pharmaceuticals and sleep through the night. I have been having very weird dreams but from what I'm reading on some of my pregnancy message boards, that's not unusual.

And lastly, today, while wrestling with a regular shirt, I realized why maternity shirts are so long. Besides covering a preggo belly, they have to cover the waist band of your maternity pants since they all have elastic and look like kid pants or clown pants or pants your grandmother use to wear (and those aren't event he "full panel" ones)! But the pants are so darn comfy that you don't give a crap!! Hehe! I may never wear regular pants again!

Happy Friday everyone! Less than 4 hours now! Yay!!!

No comments: