Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why yes...

I AM throwing a Twilight Saga: New Moon DVD release party this Saturday! Thank you for asking!!!

I know I'm a complete dork, but I've long sense come to terms with this and you, my dear readers must as well. I believe that we are all, in our own way, dorks. We all have our passions that others simply do not understand... be it cars or cult movies or computers or crafting or Twilight.

I'm truly coming to understand the wisdom of this quote by Bill Cosby, "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." This dovetails nicely into one of my all time favorite quotes by the great philosopher, Dr. Seuss, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

Personally, I will be spending my week making personalized VIP passes/favors for my friends. Printing out and framing pictures from the movie and making theme appropriate food and drinks. So excited for people to try my Blood Orange Belinis! And Jacob Black Forest Cake!

So, become one with your dorky self! Revel in the things that make you different! Those who truly love you will do so inspite of, or even because of, those things that make you unique.

Dorks unite! What makes you different? What's your secret (or not so secret) passion?

No comments: