Monday, March 29, 2010

New Moon DVD Release Party

Two Saturdays ago I had the awesome opportunity to host a party to celebrate the release of the Twilight Saga: New Moon movie. It was so much fun to have so many women, of all ages and religious and political ideologies, come together and bond over something we all can agree on... that Bella should pick Jacob Black! Oh wait... we agreed that Twilight rocks! We were split about even on the whole Edward vs. Jacob and it was fun to debate the pros of each character.

I of course came as Alice... who else!




My awesome friend Darby came dressed as Esme and brought her sparkles! So we could all be sparkly vampires! Hehe!

I decided to base the party around the Italian city of Volterra were part of the movie takes place. I made brachette, cheese, olives, and crackers, and then lasagna for dinner.






The cool framed prints and drink labels are from the awesomest Hostess with the Mostess!







I featured Blood Orange Bellinis, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.



I made personalized name tags/VIP passes/favors for all the girls. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics that night. I need to take a few of mine and I'll post them later.



For dessert I made Jacob Black-forest cupcakes. :-) They were good but it took more than one bottle of red food coloring to make the icing red. Stained my hands and everyone's tongues! Hehe!

Thanks to my husband's best friend, Dan, we had a very, very, very special guest!!



Yes, that's right! Edward Cullen himself (or his lifesized cardboard cutout) made an appearance. I think Dan just got it for me because he knows I'm a "team jacob". Now he's talking about taking it to the gun range for target practice.

But of course I had to make everyone take their picture with Edward before they left!








It was such a wonderful evening, full of camaraderie, support, laughter, and girl bonding! Oh and a few swoons when Jacob took his shirt off. So thankful to have so many wonderful women in my life! Just 3 more months till Eclipse comes out in theaters! Have to start working on the party for that one!

No comments: