Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pledge

"Today_________(date) I _________(your name) I will begin to practice healthier lifestyle habits and I will make the following commitments. I will give to myself as I give to others. I will value my health as I value the health of my loved ones. I won't ask 'should I or shouldn't I?' about matters of self care. I will just do it. I humbly accept that I must work to be the best that I can be. I will choose to work for myself, rather than abandon myself. I will take responsibility for my lifestyle behaviors and I commit to practicing them with patience and consistency. And, I will embrace adversity as an opportunity to test my newfound mental and physical strength."

Found this on WebMD today.

It's one of the best things I've seen in a long while! And I pledge to follow this simple statement as best I can from here on out! Who's with me?

2 comments:

Jess said...

I like that especially the part about treating your health like you would others. Isn't it crazy how we expect our loved ones to take care of themselves but don't take care of ourselves. I'm definitely in!

bonniebelle said...

I totally agree! That is the part that struck me! And today I have a large bottle of water instead of my usual Dr. Pepper. Amazingly, I'm not doing half bad. I wonder sometimes if the tiredness is not only sleep deprivation but dehydration. We'll see. What are you doing today to take care of yourself?