Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One Onion that Won't Make You Cry (Week 17)

That's right! Can you all believe it! We are officially in week 17 and Mama's little Butter Bean is the size of an onion! Wow that's big!! I can hardly believe it myself!


So what's up with baby this week:


"This week your baby has mastered some simple reflexes such as swallowing, sucking, and blinking. Your baby may even have a bout of the hiccups. Fat is also forming underneath your baby's skin and will continue to do so in the later months of your pregnancy. This will help prepare your baby for the temperature change from inside your womb to the outside world."
S

o what's going on with me? This past week has been a good one! I'm definitely feeling more energetic and less nauseous, which I'm thankful for every day! I still have a bout every once in a while, but nothing like the every day routine of the last few months. I still keep my Zofran close but haven't needed it nearly as much lately. I can definitely tell that my belly is getting bigger as sitting in certain positions feels differently and I'm starting to have a slight sensation of pressure in my lower abdomen. I think I've been feeling the baby, a few little "flutters" and a couple of "pops" but at this stage its really hard to tell what's the baby and what's gas or a muscle spasm because it all kind of feels the same. Hopefully very soon, it will start becoming unmistakable! I can't wait for that day and I really can't wait till Jay can start feeling them from the outside.


Jay is doing wonderfully. He is already so in love with the baby! I can't wait until we have our big anatomy scan in a few weeks and he gets to see the baby. I think it's a little hard for him since he doesn't get to experience what I experience, although I think he'd probably pass on the nausea and constipation. Hehe.


This weekend was a challenge mentally. We decided to head down to the Greek Festival for some great food. Well, crowds are not my specialty when I'm feeling good, and off my meds they make me want to crawl under the closest rock and hide. The feeling of not being able to stay out of everyone's way, and yet not feeling that I have as much right as everyone else to be there makes it almost impossible to navigate in a crowd without melting down. But we all survived. And I decided that there will be no more crowded festivals or events for me until I'm back on the medicine. Thankfully, Jay can take 'em or leave 'em so I'm not cramping his style. I think leaning what my limitations are going to be for this time that I am without medication and learning to respect those limitations is going to be key to Thriving in this season of my life.


This Friday we have another appointment with the Midwife. Since it should be pretty boring, I told Jay not to worry about getting off work, so my mom is going with me so she can hear the heartbeat first hand. Supposedly, our next appointment after this one should be our big anatomy scan and we should schedule that on Friday. I'm really excited to get it on the calendar and be able to count down. My BFF and her husband have their anatomy scan this afternoon! I'm so freaking excited!!! I can finally start buying stuff for her baby, well, actually I already bought something but it is gender neutral. I really hope she finds out she's having a girl (what she suspects and I "know" she's having!) because I'm sure we are having a boy. Then they can grow up as best friends and then fall in love and get married and my BFF and I can be Mother-in-Laws together and then the kids will give us grandbabies together! What?? Getting ahead of myself you say?!?! Funny that's what Jay says. But my BFF and I decided that it's never to soon to start hoping for the best for our kids!


Happy Hump Day everyone! Halfway to the weekend! I'll post bump pics tonight or tomorrow after I take them this evening!

No comments: