Friday, November 19, 2010

Another Week... Another Eggplant (26 Weeks)

Welcome to Week 26 everyone! We're still officially an eggplant but according to one of the other weekly updated I get Ms. Lily should be about 14 inches today and about the length of a hot house cucumber. Also she should be about 1.75 lbs.

What else is she up to in there?

"By now, your baby's lungs and brain are much more developed.  In fact, your baby can likely detect light and dark through the optic nerve.  Your baby can now also hear more than just your rumbling tummy, such as outside noises like our partner's voice."

I've noticed a big change in her movements too. She has either gotten bigger and stronger or she has officially moved up above the placenta because her little kicks aren't so little any more! They aren't uncomfortable or anything, but they are definitely more noticeable and noticeable from the outside now too. Jay has gotten to feel her on a bunch of occasions.  It's awesome and I'm loving every moment of it. Yesterday morning I swear she was either tap dancing or trying to peck her way out of there. It was adorable. She was doing something funky with her feet the other day, too. It felt like she was rolling them or something. Jay laughed because I do this thing when I'm really tired or trying to fall asleep where I rub my feet together in a very rhythmic way. I'm completely unaware of it until someone draws my attention to it. It must be genetic though because my dad does the same thing. Lily may have the same thing.

How's Mama doing?

I feel like I'm doing really well. I had a stressful night last week, but was able to get past it. The weekend was pretty busy so I was wiped by the end, but seem to have bounced back fairly well. I was proud of my self on Sunday. I got a hankering for some pecan pie and some homemade Russian Tea so I swung by the store on the way home from having lunch with my family and got all the ingredients. I followed through with making both and have greatly enjoyed them. This is the first time that I've had the energy to think about, let alone, follow through with baking anything out of the ordinary.

I'm very much looking forward to Thanksgiving next week even though we only get Thursday off. It's ok really because I don't get paid for days off, so the fewer days I take off the less money I lose. Plus, we have been hitting up Cracker Barrel for our Thanksgiving meal for a few years now. It's become our tradition and cuts down immensely on the stress involved. I'll probably do a whole spread for Christmas Eve, but for Thanksgiving Cracker Barrel is just too easy and convenient. Plus it's actually cheaper than if Jay and I were to buy everything to make the whole spread. I think we might have a Toy Story marathon that day... Watch Toy Story 1, then go out to eat. Watch Toy Story 2 and then eat some dessert. Then finish up with Toy Story 3, but we'll see.

I am starting to have some more aches and pains. My hips feel like they've gotten loser which makes them hurt a little. And I having a harder time getting up and down off the couch and floor. But Jay's usually there to help me. I know this is only going to get worse, but I welcome it, truthfully. All the aches and pains of the 3rd Trimester just mean that I'm closer to holding my outside baby. I have fallen in love with my body pillow. It's amazing what a difference it can make. I had written its help off earlier in the pregnancy, but now I realize it was just because it wasn't time yet. I'm actually getting very good at wrestling it from one side to another during the night too because I'm a flipper. Jay is enjoying it though because I can't "crocodile roll" like I usually do and steal all his covers. He's not going to know what to do once I'm no longer pregnant and go back to my old tricks. Then again, the first few weeks and months I'll probably be so sleep deprived that I'll sleep like a rock.

Speaking of Jay, how's he doing?

He's great as usual. He's really enjoying feeling Lily moving around, although he did have to tell me that it is not necessary for him to feel her every single time she starts moving. I think I was annoying him with it. ;-) He's really taking over the general pick up around the house and the cooking of dinner in the evening (or picking up of dinner in the evenings as some times happens). I so appreciate this because like I said the aches are starting to settle in and I know they will only get worse. I also love being married to a man who does not expect to have a germ-phobic approved house and if something cleaning wise is bothering him, he is more than happy to take care of it himself. I really am so lucky to have him in my life. He even let me take his picture this past weekend. My middle brother came over to take some pictures of us in front of our house for our holiday card and my camera-shy guy didn't even complain. The pictures came out beautifully, as did the card design. They were shipped yesterday so we should have them next week and then I can get them out the first of December, hopefully. I can't wait to see them!!

Well, Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!

No comments: