Monday, April 26, 2010

The first day

Well, the first day at my new job is almost over! It has been a great day! Everyone has been very nice! From what I've seen so far, the project managers and project assistants communicate in a way that I'm used to and thrive in. Some would call it brash or sarcastic, but I find it to be very comfortable. I'm use to working with guys who fall into the if-they-don't-pick-0n-you-they-don't-like-you category, and I love that. These guys definitely live by the motto: work hard, play hard!

It's nice to be back in an atmosphere where "my guys" rely on me heavily and I feel pride in making their lives easier, or at least it will once I get up and running. And I'm realy enjoying the challenge of learning something new. Thankfully, coming from an architecture field I know a lot of the lingo and understand the basics of how a building gets built. But there is plenty of new stuff to learn.

I have an entire corner cubical to myself, and I'm already loving it! I had almost totally forgotten what it was like to have a quiet place to work. In fact I may have a hard time concentrating until I get used to it again. :-)

All in all, it was a great day! It's nice to not dread coming to work for the first time in a very long time. I'll keep you all updated, but right now, this looks like it was a great move! Yay!!

No comments: