Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Weekend Preview and Hump Day Video

Well, I had a wonderful time in the mountains this weekend! Spending time with my mama is always wonderful, and given my grandmother's age (85) and health condition, I consider every moment with her a blessing. Plus, like the cherry on the top, I got to spend time with my oldest brother Levi on Sunday when we took mom out to eat for lunch! I've never met anyone as talented and funny as my oldest brother. He played us some of his newest music which is always a treat. And one of these days I'm going to be the older sister of a famous musician and song writer and I'll be able to say, "I remember when we use to go over to his house and he'd play his newest song for us!"

I haven't had a chance to get the pictures off my camera yet. I was so exhausted when I got home on Monday that I fell asleep at 7:30pm. And last night I had a DVHP meeting that lasted until after 8:30pm. Hopefully tonight, I'll be able to start pulling those off and posting about the different events. I wish I'd gotten more pictures in the mountains but I didn't. I totally forgot to take the camera on our birthday outing, and am kicking myself for not getting a picture of my grandmother showing me some crochet tips. But c'est la vie.

But before I got to any of that, I wanted to share with you a video/song/artist that I was introduced to this weekend. Matt Stillwell is a good old country boy from the Bryson City area. His younger twin brothers went to school with one of my cousins. Now's he's in Nasheville with a video being played on CMT! He's an awesome guy with amazing drive. He decided to forgo the record companies and simply started one of his own to promote his music. He also organized a music festival in the gorgeous Fontana area really so that he would have somewhere to play. Note that most of the video is taped in the Fontana area.

So, to help everyone over this mountain of a hump day, I present Matt Stillwell's Shine




No comments: