Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3/4ths of the Way There?? Really??? (Week 30)

Well, once again, I'm a week late. The Holiday season is really kicking my butt this year. But Christmas is almost over and truthfully, I'm counting down the days until things calm down and get back to their normal pace.

I simply cannot believe that we are 3/4ths of the way through this pregnancy! Seems like just yesterday we were at 10 weeks and I was marveling at being 1/4th of the way though. We have a midwife appointment tomorrow and then we'll have them every 2 weeks after that until the last month or so then it'll be every week.

So, what's Ms. Lily up to in there?

"Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)"

Wow! So the baby and I see about the same without my glasses! Hehe. I know her pain. And if genetics is any indication she'll need glasses sooner then we think. Oh well, here's to hoping not.

And at about 16 inches long, the dad-centric pregnancy site, His Boys Can Swim says Lily is about the size of the large wheel in the old school Big Wheels.



Wow! No wonder I feel like a rolly polly!

Speaking of me... how's Mommy?

I'm good! Definitely noticing her bigger size. For most of the day I have what I'm sure are adorable little tiny baby feet kicking into my right rib cage. The past weekend was kind of crazy! Saturday morning I went with my mom to see my Childhood BFF's daughter in a production of the Nutcracker ballet. It was so much fun! This is the second year I've gone and it is so nice to watch her daughter grow over the year. After the show the star herself was able to go to lunch with me, my mom and her mom (my BFF). It was fun visiting and getting to hear all the backstage gossip.

So, I came home and took a nap and then got freshened up and went to my office Christmas party with Jay. Amazingly that was quite fun and not as torturous as I was expecting. We had a great group of folks at our table and it's always nice to meet the significant other's of the folks you work with. And I know my project managers and co-workers enjoyed getting to meet Jay as well. It was especially nice that one of my co-workers' husband is also in the sound business so he and Jay had quite a bit to talk about. It's amazing how small the sound engineering world is in Charlotte and how many shared acquaintances they had.

Sunday, I forced Jay to go out Christmas shopping with me and then we crashed out hard on the couch for the rest of the day. Christmas is really sneaking up on me this year! I'm never this late getting my gifts and usually have everything wrapped and under the tree by this point in the game. Oh well. Acknowledging limitations is healthy right?

How's Daddy doing?

Jay's wonderful! He is really picking up the slack around the house. I'm really starting to feel the aches and pains so I spend less time on my feet in the evenings when I get home. He is really good about making dinner, ordering in, or going to pick us something up when I'm not feeling up to it.

I think that's about it for this week. They are all starting to run together on me now. It's amazing how far we've come and how short a time we have until Lily gets here. Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments: