Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Denial... It's Not Just a River in Egypt! (Week 37)


That's right folks, we've reach Week 37 which means we are officially considered "full term" and Ms. Lily could come any time between now and 5 weeks from now. You'd think I'd be ecstatic. You'd think I'd be begging her to come out! You'd think I'd be cursing the aches and pains of late stage pregnancy. But you know what I'm doing... I'm thinking I should have thought this whole having a baby thing through a little better before we got pregnant. I told Jay last night that I had changed my mind. He said it didn't work that way! Bastard!

We are also on our final fruit. I can't believe that there's a watermelon inside me right now! But then again, that would explain some of the soreness and aches and pains. 

So, what's Ms. Lily up to in there this week?

"Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz."

I've been working on this week's blog for almost an entire week. I just can't seem to find the motivation to finish it. I think it's a combination of exhaustion and trepidation. But I'm working on it and I'll talk more about it in next week's post since I've started seeing a new therapist which I think it helping a lot. So, for this week, I'm going to do a survey that makes its way around the baby blogs. Some girls choose to fill it out every week, but some of the answers don't change often enough for me to post it every week. So, I'll just do it this one time.
 
How far along? 37 weeks 

Total weight gain: 12 pounds (before you freak out, I was over weight to start with and my midwife is not concerned with how much or little Ive gained)

Sleep: Benadryl and Tylenol PM are wonderful inventions!!! Otherwise I'd probably not be getting any sleep at all.

Movement: She moves a lot after I eat and especially after I drink something cold. That really gets her dancing.


Best moment this week: Spending Saturday at our friends' house talking about babies and pregnancy and nurseries and all kinds of things but mostly laughing.

Food cravings: I've had two major food cravings during this pregnancy. 1) Ice water which I've never, ever liked before this and 2) recently, baked potatoes. I think the starch soaks up the acid in my stomach and makes the indigestion better.

Gender: Little baby girl!! Lillian Louise!

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes. I'm down to one pair of jeans that fit and a few shirts, but I just can't bring myself to buy anything new that I'll only be wearing for a couple of weeks. Thank goodness for the Bella Bands that help cover the bottom of my belly since almost all of my shirts are now too short.

Belly Button in or out? It's still in but not by much. 

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and not having indigestion all.the.time!

What I am looking forward to: Meeting my baby girl and watching my wonderful husband be the amazing Daddy he's always been meant to be.


Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments: